SmartLPR® Engine is a powerful OCR software for a wide range of license plate recognition applications. It can be used in car access, traffic control and enforcement situations.
SmartLPR Engine is hardware-independent and it has been designed to offer high reliability results in different environments with no distinction of the license plate state of conservation.
It gives results which include the country and license plate, formatted with hyphens and spaces. It also works to protect the quality of each character and average quality of the license plate. The SmartLPR Engine will show character positions within the license plate as well as an image of the license plate and where the image was captured.
This technology comes with a number of Quercus firsts:
- Country recognition together with the license plate number
- License plate recognition from multiple countries at the same time
- Best license plate result by selecting the best choice from a set of images taken for the same car
- Replacement of unknown characters by question marks to minimize problems caused by character confusions
- License plate reading at wide angles
Its high reliability is based on advanced recognition algorithms which have been proven on a worldwide stage. It has advanced image treatment algorithms to minimise light reflections and shadows on license plates. In addition, it can read and recognise license plates quickly.
In addition, the new release software comes with a software license, no USB dongle is required. It comes with new supported software protection, multithread processing, multiple license plate reading in the same image, fast recognition, new countries added and a free update from version 4.x to version 5.x.