The 3704 AutoCoil EV Charger from Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) LLC is smart-grid ready and available in a variety of mounting options, complete with a state-of-the-art cable management system.
3704 AutoCoil EV Charger Benefits
- Power Options: The EV charger provides Level 2 and simulated Level 1
- Installation Options: Can be installed as a single wall mount, or a single or dual pole mount.
- Safety: Automatic retracting charging cable prevents hazardous tripping conditions.
- Durable Design: Weatherproof enclosure protects charging cable from the elements to extend EV charger’s service life.
About the 3704 AutoCoil EV Charger
The 3704 AutoCoil EV charger, which can be mounted on a wall, a single pole or a dual pole, is equipped with a fully retractable automatic cable management system. The charger cable measures 6.1m (20ft) in length to provide easy access to vehicle charging receptacles, no matter their location on the electric vehicle.
A user activates the 3704 by pushing a button on the connector. The EV charger automatically dispenses the cable until the user releases the button. When the user disconnects the charger from the vehicle, the system automatically retracts the cable into its enclosure.
EVSE’s revolutionary retractable cable ensures that the charging cable never touches the ground when it is charging a vehicle or when it is disconnected from the automobile. This design not only mitigates liability issues resulting from people tripping over a cable laying on the ground, it meets regulatory standards that prohibit live cables from being on the ground. When it is retracted, the cable is stored in a weatherproof enclosure and locked in place for protection from vandals. This feature also helps prevent the EV charger’s cable and connector from excessive exposure to groundwater, snow or salt, which extends the service life of the system.
With its modular design, the 3704 AutoCoil EV Charger can be configured for simple On-Off control, or for credit and ID card processing through the addition of an optional Payment Module (serial or Zigbee connections are available). The 3704 accepts Automated Demand Response signals to control pricing and power during peak demand. Additionally, EVSE electric car charging units are designed to integrate with parking payment/access systems and networks using smartphone apps.
The 3704 AutoCoil EV Charger is configurable to provide Level 2 or simulated Level 1 charging. This feature provides a measure of flexibility with decision-making as it enables the system to be configured to support Level 1 or Level 2 after installation. Power sharing of a single 40A breaker is also possible between two EVSEs.
Features and specifications:
- Power supply: provides up to 30A at 208-240VAC, single phase at 50/60Hz
- Cable length: 1m (20ft)
- Dimensions excluding pole: 93.8cm (h) x 26.7cm (w) x 26.7cm (d) [36.9in (h) x 10.5in (w) x 10.5in (d)]
- Weight (excluding pole): 14.6kg (32lb)
- NEMA 3R
- Operating temperature: -30°C to 50°C (-22°F to 122°F)
- Operating humidity: Up to 95% non-condensing
- Cable designed for durability and flexibility at -30°C