ABB Electrical Vehicle Charging Solutions
ABB manufactures electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids for clients in the global transport and utility sectors.
With more than 125 years of experience, the company operates in more than 100 countries with 136,000 employees.
Internet-based DC chargers for electric vehicles
With more than 6,000 direct current (DC) fast chargers worldwide, ABB offers a comprehensive range of solutions, from reliable DC fast-charging stations for electric vehicles (EV) with robust connectivity, to innovative on-demand electric bus charging systems.
Future-proof, high-performance EV chargers
All ABB chargers are created with durability, reliability and maintainability in mind, in order to develop high-quality, future-proof products.
The company supports all open charging standards currently available on the market, which enables providing charging services to widely available electric cars.
All chargers are available with innovative solutions for user authorisation, payment and network connectivity.
The advantages of ABB chargers include:
- Modular construction to ensure continued operation
- Industry-grade components to ensure long lifetime and robust operation
- Upgradable and future-proof
- Remote maintenance and support for an effective and timely response to any irregularity in the network
- Supporting all open charging standards globally
- Stainless-steel powder coated cabinets for durability, even in salty climates
- User-centered design validated by user tests
Key advantages of internet-connected chargers
ABB’s Internet connected chargers enable fast global service and pro-active maintenance.
ABB Connected Services offer four key advantages:
- Flexibility to connect to any charging network, back-office, payment platform or energy management solution
- Upgradability to benefit from the latest industry standards
- High service availability
- Cost-efficiency by avoiding development and maintenance costs of proprietary software solutions
Manufacturing and quality systems for EV chargers
Key components in ABB DC fast chargers are designed and manufactured in-house to ensure full control over hardware and firmware.
Chargers are produced in factories implementing stringent quality systems. The factories are audited by independent external parties, as well as by car original equipment manufacturers (OEMs).
Industrial partnerships with EV OEMs
ABB EVCI has research and development partnerships with many vehicle OEMs to support joint development and testing. This ensures optimal compatibility between charger and vehicle.
Internet-based EV charger management
The ABB Ability Connected Services platform incorporates many years of experience in connecting chargers to the internet, in order to successfully run a commercial charging network in a dynamic environment.
The platform’s connectivity helps network operators to:
- Remotely monitor and configure charge points
- Adapt business and pricing models over time
- Support drivers in case they have issues
- Service the equipment efficiently and with minimal operational effort
- Keep charging services up-to-date with software updates
By facilitating all above mentioned aspects, ABB’s offering is your best solution.
Electrical vehicle charger care
ABB Charger Care is available for all ABB EV charging products such as Terra 23 and 53 fast chargers, Terra HP high-power chargers, HVC Series e-bus chargers, DC wallboxes, and AC chargers.
Several modules are also available, including proactive monitoring, preventive and corrective maintenance, training programmes, spare parts, and software updates and upgrades.
ABB has years of experience in creating, installing and maintaining charging infrastructure, including several nationwide charger networks. Since 2015, the company has combined this knowledge with Microsoft Azure.
With locally available certified service engineers, ABB’s global service organisations are ready to respond to clients in a timely and efficient manner.
Products and Services
ABB has won a public sector tender from Reykjavik Energy for the delivery of 15 fast chargers. The fast chargers will boost the country’s charging infrastructure for electric vehicles and will all be commissioned by the end of 2017.Read more
ABB delivers the UK's first OppCharge fast charger for a countrywide demonstration tour of Volvo's right-hand drive 7900e fully electric single-deck bus.Read more
As the demand for sustainable and energy efficient transport systems continues to grow, ABB is pleased to announce that it will supply one of its Heavy Vehicle Charger 300P for Göttinger Verkehrsbetriebe (GöVB), which provides a public bus transport in the German university city of Göttingen, in Lower Saxony.Read more