In October, SES and Alaska ITS, our certified dynamic message sign (DMS) installer, placed two Messenger 6000 signs close to the Cold Regions Testing Center at Ft. Greeley Alaska.
The area around Ft. Greeley / Delta area is known for record-setting low temperatures, reaching -72°F in 1975. These DMS signs compliment other SES signs in Alaska including a long standing dynamic messaging sign on the Haul road to Prudhoe Bay!
A few notes on the Alaska project:
- The core design of the Messenger 6000 is unchanged, even with Messenger 6000 signs in Arizona and elsewhere. The most reliable, robust design in the ITS industry
- Signs were easily supplemented with heating elements for the sign face and cabinet
- The DMS site can be remotely managed with our web-based software
- New front access design for simpler maintenance in cold conditions
- The brightest, most legible sign in the DMS industry, while also the most energy efficient
For more information on the design and unique capabilities of the M6000 for placement in any climate, SES America can guide you through the specification process to accommodate any unusual site or climate characteristics.
Contact SES America for more information.