The last six months of 2014 brought new opportunities and improvements in retrofitting old or technically out-of-date DMS signs.
- Several states moved forward in developing statewide programs with savings of more than $1.75 million in just the last four months of the year
- Experienced installation crews in some states converting signs in less than six hours
- Added new major brands / models with now over 22 models capable of retrofit solutions
- More than 500 retrofit upgrade systems installed
- New arterial upgrade retrofit systems added in multiple sizes, focused on municipal need, all NTCIP-compliant
- Continued elimination of costly DMS cooling systems
SES America will provide site surveys for DMS assets to properly evaluate condition, design, and potential cost savings of these upgrade solutions. There is more than $100m in potential savings that continues to exist in non-functioning, outdated or unreliable signage in the transportation industry on the interstates alone.
SES America can provide more insight on upgrading with this technology solution so please feel free to contact us, for any technical details and documents related to DMS retrofit upgrade solutions.