The CA SPEED range of signs results from CA Traffic and Techspan Systems combining years of industry expertise to create an affordable solution for the urban and inter urban road environments of today. The Vehicle-Activated Speed Control Sign is targeted to address the issues of inappropriate speed, where static signs have not proven effective.
The CA SPEED signs use CA’s new radar technology and combine it with the latest LED technology from Techspan to produce a highly reliable and energy-efficient sign for the highway environment. The signs are fully compliant with TSRGD and EN 12966. The CA SPEED sign includes logging technology to provide feedback on the performance of the sign, enhancing CA’s portfolio of traffic monitoring equipment and software that collects valuable data on vehicle volumes and classifications.
The CA SPEED sign is designed to be lightweight making it easy to transport and install. The sign uses standard sign mounting rails making it easy to install on existing infrastructure.
A local wireless (Bluetooth) maintenance interface is included as standard to permit access to the logs within the sign as it is mounted at height. The sign is provided with a mains supply as standard with options to use stand-alone sustainable energy systems, for example a battery pack with solar / wind recharging were a local power feed is not available.
- Red Ring (roundel) with speed display options (’20’, ’30’, ’40’ and ’50’ (mph)
- Independently controlled ‘SLOW DOWN’ text display below the speed
- 50m-100m ranged radar speed detection
- Automatic brightness control using an Ambient Light Monitor
- Mains powered with an option for battery with solar, or wind powered recharging
- Battery charge level monitoring to enable automatic adjustment (by software)
- Interchangeable battery pack option to allow quick temporary deployment
- Local Bluetooth engineering interface standard
- Optional remote diagnostics via GPRS or other similar system
- Compliant with TSRGD and EN 12966
- Temperature range: -15°C to +60°C
- IP56 rated
- Design lifetime of ten years