Maximum performance in terms of response time, resolution, and object detection
With the MLG-2 product family, SICK always offers the perfect solution for a variety of applications in the logistics automation and machine-building industries.
The MLG-2 Pro variant is used in challenging applications involving transparent objects and high detection speeds. With new functions such as "Transparent mode," "High-speed scan," or "High measurement accuracy," the MLG-2 Pro performs new measurement tasks with the utmost precision.
The pre-installed solutions in the SOPAS configuration software allow complex applications, such as object width measurement, to be configured with ease. The MLG-2 Pro uses conventional industrial interfaces so that individual solutions can be programmed via the controls. In addition, the rugged aluminium housing of the MLG-2 Pro offers extremely high operational safety.
At a glance:
- High-resolution light grid: Available with beam separation of 2.5mm (coming soon), 5mm, 10mm, 25mm, and 50mm
- "High-speed scan" function with triple scanning speed
- "Transparent mode" function for detecting transparent materials
- Switchable to high-resolution evaluation
- Data compression: Run length coding
- Ethernet-based interfaces, including PROFINET, PROFIBUS, and CANopen (coming soon)
- Cloning function via IO-Link or clone plug
- SOPAS configuration software
- "High-speed scan" function offers short response times for safely detecting objects travelling at high speeds
- Modular concept offers the perfect solution every time from a single source
- "High measurement accuracy" function for detecting small objects reliably
- "Transparent mode" function for reliably detecting and measuring transparent objects
- Integrated bus interfaces and accompanying functional modules reduce the time and effort involved in the commissioning process
- SOPAS configuration software with menu-driven wizard saves time during the configuration process
- Simple maintenance without the need for specialist staff thanks to the cloning function with IO-Link
- High reliability due to ambient light immunity