Amaro, UD, Italy — Eurotech has announced the availability of its DuraNET® 1268 gigabit Ethernet switch, an ideal commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) IP networking solution to enhance situational awareness in size, weight, and power (SWaP)-constrained aircraft, tactical ground vehicles and maritime assets.
The DuraNET 1268 is a compact, rugged Layer 2+ gigabit Ethernet switch subsystem equipped with ten triple-speed 10Mb/s / 100Mb/s /1,000Mb/s ports for connecting IPv4 and IPv6-compatible computing devices on-board demanding network-centric (un)manned vehicle and aircraft platforms. Designed for very demanding MIL-STD-810F environmental and MIL-STD-1275/704/461 vehicle power and EMI conditions, the unit features all industrial temperature grade components, near cable-less design, a fully submersible chassis and no moving parts, to ensure maximum reliability.
The unit features an on-board microprocessor for local/remote control and monitoring, as well as support for quality of service (QoS) traffic prioritisation, virtual local-area network (VLAN) trunking, and rapid spanning tree protocol (RSTP) redundancy.
To enhance security and system management, the unit integrates recoverable data zeroisation capabilities for declassifying switch data, along with RS-232 command line interface (CLI) and Ethernet management ports. This GigE switch can operate as a stand-alone network switch for intra-vehicle device communication or as a companion device for Layer 3 mobile routers, such as Eurotech’s DuraMAR®, to expand on-board Ethernet port density.
Key features include:
- Ten gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- RS-232 console with CLI or Ethernet web GUI
- Conduction-cooled, aluminum chassis with MIL-C-38999 connectors
- Small form factor: >5lb in weight and >4in height
- MIL-STD-1275D/ MIL-STD-704E vehicle power supply with voltage/surge protection
- Designed to MIL-STD-810F (shock, vibration, temp, humidity, altitude and immersion)
- Designed to MIL-STD-461E (radiated and conducted emissions and susceptibility)
- Data zerorisation support for secure data
- 802.1Q VLAN trunking
- 802.1P class of service (CoS) / Qos traffic prioritisation
- 802.1d/w spanning tree protocol (STP) and RSTP
General production availability is scheduled for Q1 2010.