Eurotech, a leading supplier of embedded technologies, announces the availability of the DuraNAS 1000 rugged network attached storage (NAS), a reliable high capacity mass storage solution for IP-based systems installed on rolling stocks as well as in all applications requiring a rugged device designed for harsh environment.
The DuraNAS 1000 is a network device which can be accessed from anywhere the network is accessible, even from remote locations.
Reliable, expendable mass storage
The DuraNAS 1000 is ideally suited to complement the DuraCOR NVR video recording system by providing expandable and removable mass storage for compressed video data, for example up to 30 days of compressed video. Two DuraNAS 1000 can be joined for redundancy or capacity expansion.
An Ethernet interface to mass storage is a reliable interconnection technology in harsh environment applications where EMC and immunity to electromagnetic interference are key requirements. Long cables are supported and the inherent insulation of Ethernet increases the operational reliability of the DuraNAS 1000 compared to other technologies such as USB2.0. A high-performance NAS controller chip is used to bridge two 2.5in form factor SATA HDDs to a 10/100Mbit Ethernet interface.
Benefits of the DuraNAS 1000
- Ideal for public transportation, security and defence markets
- Video surveillance and multimedia applications
- Compact enclosure with standard M12 connector for data storage in a harsh environment
- Up to 1TB of storage – solid state disk versions – RAID 1 storage
- POE: no need for an external power supply
- Quick and easy setup thanks to its DHCP client interface
- Fully compliant with EN 50155 for rolling stock installations
- Wide operating temperature range
Extensive measures have been taken to ensure reliable operation under all conditions and compatibility with internationally respected standards. The sealed Ethernet I/O connector, a Power over Ethernet (POE) power supply and a compact rugged mechanical enclosure increase field reliability.