In a section of the town of Lyssach, Switzerland, inhabitants and visitors can now look forward to a new parking guidance system.
Wireless in-ground sensors on more than 100 parking spaces detect the occupancy status (free / occupied) in real time and transmit the data to dynamic signposts and to the ParkGard Control Center intelligent software.
By linking the software of MSR-Traffic with ticket machines, the local staff can also check at any time,
- Whether parking spaces are still free
- Whether parking spaces have recently been occupied, are not paid, but the payment period has not yet expired
- Whether parking spaces are occupied and paid
- Whether parking spaces are occupied and not paid but the payment period has already expired
- How often a parking lot was used without payment
The combination of these technologies allows the operator to save personnel costs, minimize parking ticket violations and maximize parking utilization.