Cenpart Armco Crash Barriers
Cenpart’s Armco barrier in the UK has become the generic name for the corrugated steel crash barrier you would see around a racetrack protecting the drivers and crowd.
Armco barriers are widely seen as a protective measure for people and property, indoors and outdoors, in car parks, warehouses, loading bays and yards, factories, docks, quaysides and private roads all over the UK.
The installation of a small amount of crash barrier in the right location can prevent thousands of pounds worth of damage to the fabric of your buildings, stock, machinery and plant. We can supply Armco barrier systems in single row or multi-row formats, with a variety of post sizes to bolt down or to cast in, to effectively cope with your individual problems, whatever type of vehicle.
BARRIER SYSTEM ADVANTAGES
Cenpart barrier systems for off-road applications:
- Economically separate and protect people, buildings plant, stock and vulnerable installations from moving vehicles
- Delineate boundaries and prevent unauthorised vehicle access
- Keep vehicles and drivers safe from falls and drops in ground levels
- Satisfy insurers that you have taken reasonable measures to prevent accidents occurring
- Are modular systems with readily available and easily replaced components
- Are easily fitted by competent persons using only basic tools, can be fitted for you
- Can be bolted down or cast into concrete footings, either directly or using sockets to enable the system to be easily removable
- Are available with a wide range of post types and finishing pieces to suit various applications
- Can be mounted in a single, double or more row heights and also double-sided when required
- Can incorporate a pedestrian handrail into the structure
- Easily accommodate changes of direction and can be curved down to 6m radius
- Are hot dip galvanised as standard, but can be polyester powder coated in any colour (at an extra cost)
- Have heavy-duty box beams for more demanding application
- Can be custom built to overcome problem areas
CRASH BARRIER SOLUTIONS
The dynamics of impacts presented in the majority of off-road applications of crash barriers are very different to those encountered on public highways. Instead of high-speed impacts, which are generally at glancing angles, the impacts are typically at low speeds and head on to the barrier. This requires a different approach from the highway systems where the posts are designed to collapse under impact and the beam guides the vehicle back to the carriageway.
The same beam elements are used with heavier duty posts, often at reduced centres, to create a stiffer barrier with lower deflections under impact as space is often at a premium in these applications. The type of post and centres specified depend upon several factors such as space available and the regularity with which the barrier is expected to be called into use.
CENPART BARRIER PRODUCTS
- Beams: can be curved around corners and cut to size
- Corners: come in 90° and 135° angles, or made to your required angle
- End treatments means sharp ends that could cause injury are avoided, we produce fishtail ends, scroll ends and yellow plastic end caps
- Posts are made to individual request; our most popular models are our P224 RSJ posts, cast in or bolt down