Vehicles driving in wrong direction on the highways represent a serious risk to road safety. To prevent such danger situation from occurring SERNIS has developed the SR-WWID, a solar powered system that detects in real time vehicles in wrong way.
The Wrong Way Intelligent Detector is composed by a sensor type camera to identify wrong way vehicles and a dynamic sign with a configurable message to alert immediately the drivers. This system also allows sending alerts by SMS/GPRS to competent authorities so they can take security measures, and also activate other kind of warning signs previously defined.
With this system, drivers in wrong way are aware of the risk in order to get the vehicle in the correct direction before a serious incident happends. Preventing this way accidents and serious injuries in highways.
SR-WWID technical specifications:
- Remote monitoring: visualising images online, introducing the number of wrong way detections, sending images in real time to confirm the transgression made, others
- Real time processing image technology
- Works with different types of road pavements
- Stand-alone system: does not need physical connections to operate in other devices
- Remotely configured via mobile broadband connection for configurations of regions of interests, directions of movement, and speed parameters
- Configuration interface independent of the system
- Correct detection even in hard conditions as transitions between day/night and night/day, sudden variations in lighting conditions caused by natural or artificial lights, and also in the presence of other elements, like trees
- Low power consumption system