SICE, in partnership with Mexican OCACSA, has been awarded the agreement to carry out the operation of the highway Atlacomulco-Maravatío, including toll collection, acquisition, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of buildings, facilities, tolling system, electronic tolling, ITS and communications as well as emergency care, right of way management and user services of the highway in compliance with performance standards.
Last 10th October 2012 the consortium composed byte companies Operación y Conservación de Autopistas Concesionadas, S.A. de C.V. (OCACSA) and Sociedad Ibérica de Construcciones Eléctricas, S.A. (SICE) has been awarded for the contract has a duration of five years and has as field of activity the toll highway Atlacomulco-Maravatío with a length of 64 kilometers, running from kilometer 100 +000 to km 164 +000.
The scope of work to be performed by SICE under this contract contains the following activities:
Design, supply, installation and start up of:
– Toll and electronic toll collection system comprising:
- Two trunk plazas (open tolling), each one composed by 13 physical toll lanes
- Central toll management system and electronic toll collection (ETC) back-office system
– Intelligent Transport System (ITS) comprising:
- CCTV system composed by 31 PTZ cameras
- Meteorological monitoring system composed by two MET stations
- Variable message signalisation system composed by 19 gantry-mounted VMS
- Emergency telephone system composed by 70 SOS posts
- Traffic data acquisition system composed by six counting and classification stations
- Control centre for the monitorisation and management of the system
– Communications networks for both toll collection and ITS systems, comprising:
- Civil works for trenching all along the highway
- Independent communications networks for ITS and tolling systems, base don ring topologies and ten GB Ethernet backbone
Maintenance of the implemented systems from start of operation until the end of the contract.