The innovative solution for guardrail resistance: GROUNDSLEEVE REINFORCEMENT SYSTEM
GroundSleeve is a finned metal reinforcement system that utilises a greater volume of soil to create a higher resistance of the guardrail. It is a necessary element to trigger the correct deformation of the post in a similar way to the certified Crash Test.
Each type of GroundSleeve must be studied, sized and calculated based on the type of guardrail and post, as well as on the basis of the characteristics of the terrain, the distance from the roadside and other special situations that may be present on site.
GroundSleeve by STRATEC RT complies with the EN 1317-5 standard as it does not modify the certified guardrail with its geometric and mechanical characteristics, but only intervenes on the ground to ensure greater impact resistance.
The advantages of GroundSleeve
- Optimal connection at the base and plastic deformation of the moment the guardrail post is bannedlike in the Crash Test.
- Adaptability, both geometrically and structurally, to all sections of posts on the market.
- Quick and simple installation of the system with the traditional “pile driver” with the possibility of inserting the GroundSleeve also by existing installations, without the need to disassemble the post and / or guardrail.
- In the event of a vehicle crash, the system remains in place and intact.
- Safeguard and legal protection for the road infrastructure operator in case of road accidents.
- With the supply of the product, STRATEC RT offers, depending on the project, the proper design and calculation of the GroundSleeve system for free.