The 3722 Garage Overhead Charger from Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) LLC provides electric vehicle (EV) charging for public and private parking garages, as well as multi‐dwelling units.
3722 Garage Overhead Charger Benefits
- Safe: Overhead, retractable cable design promotes safety and security to reduce liability.
- Cost-effective: Optional shuttle system allows one charger to service up to 5 EVs.
- User-friendly: When activated, charging cable and connector automatically lower to a convenient, ADA-compliant and programmable height.
- Rugged: Weather-proof unit features a NEMA 3R enclosure and durable construction for long-lasting performance.
About the 3722 Garage Overhead Charger
The charger’s overhead design helps to maintain a safe environment. Installed on the ceiling of a garage, the 3722 Garage Overhead Charger keeps the system’s charging cable and connector a safe distance away from hazards such as water, other automobiles and salt. Additionally, the system’s retractable cable prevents tripping hazards and inhibits vandals from easily accessing the unit. The design meets regulatory standards that mandate live cables must be off the ground.
The system includes an automatic electronic cable management system. Upon activation, the system automatically lowers the EV battery charger connector to 121.9cm (48 inches) above ground-level, a height that accommodates drivers with disabilities. The user can then extend the cable to plug it into the charger receptacle on their vehicle – whether it is located on the nose, side or rear of the vehicle.
The 3722 Garage Overhead Charger from EVSE can be activated locally with a wired or wireless, wall-mounted pushbutton or handheld FOB. EV charger networked activation methods include: credit card, magnetic stripe and mobile app. An optional Payment Module is available with serial or Zigbee connections for facilitating communication between the 3722 and the Payment Module.
Power is continually monitored during charging. If the voltage deviates from the acceptable range, or if the load current exceeds the maximum level, the charger disconnects power to the vehicle. When the driver removes the connector from the vehicle, the connector and cable retract to the original overhead position within the charging station and are locked in place.
Expand and Adapt with the 3722
The affordably priced 3722 Garage Overhead Charger from EVSE LLC saves money on equipment, infrastructure and installation. It is also expertly engineered to accommodate future needs. Featuring a modular platform, the 3722 will support both today’s charging standards and tomorrow’s innovations. When installed with EVSE’s optional, ceiling-mounted shuttle system, one charger can charge up to five EVs. This design feature eliminates the need to purchase bollards and install multiple chargers for multiple parking spaces.
- Power: provides up to 30A at 208-240VAC, single phase at 50/60 Hz
- Cable length: 6.1m (20ft)
- 8cm (w) x 57.8cm (d) x 28.6cm (h) [22.75in (w) x 22.75in (d) x 11.25in (h)]
- 1kg (42 lbs)
- NEMA 3R
- Operating temperature: -30°C to 50°C (-22°F to 122°F)
- Operating humidity: up to 95% non-condensing
- Cable designed for durability and flexibility at -30°C