The 3840 Electrician Tester from Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) LLC simulates a connection to an electric vehicle so EV charger installation and maintenance professionals may quickly and easily test the performance of the EV charging equipment.
3840 Electrician Tester Benefits
- Widely Compatible: The 3840 Electrician Tester will test any manufacturer/model EVSE that complies with Society of Automotive Engineers J1772 standards.
- Easy to Use: ‘Quick Check’ instructions guide operators through every test.
- Reliable and Economical: Self-powered EV charger tester does not require batteries to operate.
- Rugged: Tester’s high-impact handle and case stand up to day-to-day worksite wear-and-tear.
About the Electrician EVSE Tester
The hand‐held EV charger tester enables operators to verify that electric vehicle chargers are meeting critical power and safety requirements. To use the tester, operators simply plug the charger’s J1772 connector into the tester’s receptacle and flip the toggle On/Off switch to ‘On’. The 3840 EV charger tester will measure signal levels, pulse widths and voltage levels generated by the EVSE. LEDs illuminate on the tester’s control panel to indicate the actual amperage and voltage. The tester also confirms that the pilot signal is functioning correctly. Operators may also test the ground fault safety feature to verify it is operating properly by turning on a second toggle switch.
The 3840 Electrician Tester’s LED indicator lights verify these six EV charger operating conditions:
- Proper connection
- Charger is providing power
- Voltage level and current level tests
- Pilot is functioning
- Proximity switch is functioning
- Proper GFCI safety operation
‘Quick Check’ operating instructions are conveniently affixed to a side panel of every 3840 EV charger tester to walk operators through every test. The Quick Check also includes a summary of fault conditions. The weatherproof testing unit is self-powered and will test any model EV charger from any manufacturer that complies with SAE J1772 standards.
The 3840 Electrician Tester meets all of the standards specified by the SAE J1772 publications.
- Dimensions: 8.5cm (w) x 23.2cm (h) x 15.1cm (d) [3.34in (w) x 9.10in (h) x 5.94in (d)]
- Weight: 0.69kg (1.5lb)
- NEMA 3R
- Operating temperature: -17°C to 50°C (0°F to 122°F ambient)
- Operating humidity: Up to 95% non-condensing