Rack Technologies Rack System Enclosures and Accessories for Roads
Rack Technologies was founded in Sydney, Australia, in 1990 and acquired by Preformed Line Products (Australia) in 2000.
We are a specialist manufacturer of 19in and 26in rack system enclosures and accessories for the road and electrical industries. Over the years we have grown to become one of Australia and New Zealand’s largest manufacturers of system enclosures and accessories.
Road system enclosures and accessories
Rack Technologies has design as well as manufacturing capabilities, and produces special enclosures to suit particular projects in order to satisfy unique requirements of end users. We also offer a full range of data cabinets to service day-to-day customer requirements.
Rack Technologies is regarded as the largest company, as well as a leader in the manufacturing and distribution of system enclosures and accessories. We maintain a dominant share position in most markets in which we operate, and significant resources are being deployed in all operational areas to facilitate continued growth and expansion.
Cabinets and frames for road traffic systems
We offer a wide product range, including:
- 19in and 26in freestanding cabinets
- iQ series – satacentre cabinets
- Industrial enclosures
- 19in wall-mountable cabinets
- 19in wall-mountable frames
- 19in open frames
- Cable management products
- Fibre enclosure products
- Electrical boxes
- Cabinet accessories
Industrial enclosures for the road traffic industry
The industrial series of our cabinets and accessories is manufactured in Australia from durable quality materials with a powder-coating finish for longevity. Standard frame finish differs for each enclosure group, however custom colours are available on request.
We stock a large range of accessories, including PDUs, fan-forced cooling applications, extensive cable management systems in both vertical and horizontal form, and a large range of fixed or telescopic shelving.
Our range of industrial enclosures include:
- Field cabinets built and designed for outdoor applications where a high degree of resistance and corrosion from water, dust and wind is required
- Electrical enclosures for construction,industrial, commercial and highly aggressive environment such as mining fields
- Data communication enclosures for applications where a sealed environment from water, dust and wind is required
- Electrical panels / scada and cubicles used in major utilities throughout Australia
Road system enclosure engineering and manufacturing services
Rack Technologies provide a range of services and capabilities, including:
- Engineering design division accredited to ISO9000
- Engineering testing facilities
- Plastic extrusion and injection moulding
- Fully equipped tool room
- Various sheet and metal cutting machines (presses, turret punches, break presses, guillotines, saws)
- Powder-coating line
- Assembly lines
- MIG and TIG welding
- Gravity casting
- Wire-roll forming
Frames, cabinets and accessories for data and cables
With a comprehensive range of Australian-made frames, cabinets and accessories, Rack Technologies also provides a complete solution for all data and cabling needs, and ensures flexibility for all applications or future expansions.
Our philosophy is founded on the principles of quality, service and attention to detail. It is our aim that these transpire into unique and dynamic levels of satisfaction for our customers that is second-to-none.
Rack Technologies enclosures comply with the International Standard IEC297 and are endorsed by the SCEC.
Products and Services
NorthConnex Motorway, Sydney, Australia
7/269 Abbotsford Road
Level 1, 211 High Street
190 Power Street