The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) in the US is set to begin road construction works for improving travel and safety on County Line Road in the counties of Bucks and Montgomery.

Beginning on 8 March, the project will see the reconstruction of a three-mile road stretch of County Line Road between Kulp Road and Route 611 (Easton Road) in Warrington Township, Bucks County; and Horsham Township, Montgomery County.

As part of the County Line Road improvement project, the highway will be widened to provide two 11ft travel lanes and five-foot shoulders.

The bridge that carries the County Line Road over the branch of Little Neshaminy Creek is also due to be replaced.

Traffic signal upgrades, ADA-specific kerb ramps, guide rails, drainage improvements and the resurfacing of County Line Road are also part of the project.

James D Morrissey has been selected as the general contractor for the $11.07m project.

PennDOT noted that 80% of the project is funded by the federal government while the remaining 20% will come from the state government.

The entire project is slated for completion in 2026.

From Monday 8 March to Friday 2 April from 9am to 3pm, weekday lane closures are scheduled on County Line Road between Kulp Road and Route 611 (Easton Road), for tree clearing operations.

As construction progresses, westbound County Line Road will close between Kulp Road and Fairmount Avenue for approximately one year. In later construction stages, County Line Road will close in both directions between Fairmount Avenue and Park Road for approximately eight months. During these closures, County Line Road motorists will be detoured over Route 611 (Easton Road), Route 132 (Street Road) and Lower State Road.

PennDOT’s appointed contractor will start demolishing the old bridge at a bridge replacement project on Route 74 (High Street) over Letort Spring Run in Carlisle Borough, Cumberland County.

Jay Fulkroad & Sons will serve as the prime contractor for this $2.5m project.

The project will include the removal of the existing two-span concrete T-beam bridge, which will be replaced with a two-span prestressed concrete spread box beam bridge. This work will take about two weeks to complete.

Work on this project will be in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and state Department of Health guidance, as well as a project-specific Covid-19 safety plan, which will include protocols for social distancing, use of face coverings, personal and job site cleaning protocols, management of entries to the job site, special signing and relevant training.